www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mike Salim <sa...@localweb.com>
Subject os-windows/3495: Directories defined with ScriptAlias do not allow anything but CGI to execute.
Date Sat, 05 Dec 1998 03:07:29 GMT

>Number:         3495
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Directories defined with ScriptAlias do not allow anything but CGI to
execute.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
1.  In httpd.conf, define a directory with ScriptAlias, ensure that the directory name and
ScriptAlias are different.  e.g.

Dir is E:\WWW\users\mywebsite\directory1

ScriptAlias /myscripts/ E:/WWW/users/mywebsite/directory1

2.  In this same directoryu, place a pure HTML file (not CGI) say index.htm
3.  Try accessing the file http://www.mywebsite.com/myscripts/index.htm

    The following error message appears:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your
request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@www.crewnoble.com and inform them of the
time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

e:/www/users/crewnoble/xxxtestxxx/index.htm is not executable; ensure interpreted scripts
have "#!" first line

Apache/1.3.3 Server at www.crewnoble.com Port 8080

Note:  In this case I was running the Apache server on port 8080.  I did not try it on port
80.
>How-To-Repeat:
Please call me at 919-544-4101 (USA EST, 8:30am - 5:30pm) or send me an email ans I will set
up a live demo for you.  Unfortunately I cannot have a live demo permanently set up.
>Fix:
Unfortunately, no.  HTML files under ScriptAlias dirs must be served
normally.