www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Georg Hessmann <Georg_Hessm...@spiegel.de>
Subject Re: os-solaris/3487: More and more daemons stuck in 'K' state
Date Fri, 04 Dec 1998 15:50:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-solaris/3487; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Georg Hessmann <Georg_Hessmann@spiegel.de>
To: lars@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: os-solaris/3487: More and more daemons stuck in 'K' state
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 16:44:34 +0100

 Ok, now I've tried it with telnet:

 =========
 web@spiegel: 77 lib> telnet alice 80
 Trying 194.163.254.155...
 Connected to alice.is-kunden.de.
 Escape character is '^]'.
 HEAD / HTTP/1.0
 Connection: keep-alive

 HTTP/1.1 200 OK
 Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 15:33:03 GMT
 Server: Apache/1.2.6
 Keep-Alive: timeout=10, max=10
 Connection: Keep-Alive

 Connection closed by foreign host.
 =========

 Second try and the bug hits me. The connection won't be closed
 after 10 seconds. Then I searched the PID on the server and
 has done a 'kill -ALRM' : no reaction. But a 'kill -PIPE' has
 worked - the connection was closed and /status shows the process
 as idle.

 So it's really the same behaviour like PR#1190. Only with
 one difference: it wasn't a problem to reproduce it with
 telnet (4 out of 5 tries result in an endless wait).

 Georg.

 --
 |  Georg Hessmann        |   SPIEGEL ONLINE, a+i       Webmaster  |
 |  ghessmann@spiegel.de  |   Brandstwiete 19,      20457 Hamburg  |