www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Randy Jae Weinstein <rw...@is7.nyu.edu>
Subject Re: config/3000: BrowserMatch(NoCase)/SetEnvIf(NoCase) allowed in htaccess
Date Thu, 03 Dec 1998 01:20:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/3000; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Randy Jae Weinstein <rw263@is7.nyu.edu>
To: Ken.Coar@Golux.Com
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: config/3000: BrowserMatch(NoCase)/SetEnvIf(NoCase) allowed in htaccess
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 20:18:31 -0500 (EST)

 BTW Ken, I can't do this with BrowserMatch/SetEnvIf and mod_rewrite;
 Apache currently doesn't allow BrowserMatch/SetEnvIf in the htaccess file
 (so I can't access them as a USER). The use of those in the htaccess file
 isn't all that is needed. IfDefine would also be needed or the
 authentication would occur (why authenticate just to get a browser
 incompatible message). For a correct working setup, see the propsed
 htaccess file in my last post/email on PR #3000. Hopefully this can be
 added into Apache.

 -Cheers,
  RJW