www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From m...@apache.org
Subject Re: mod_userdir/3477: Access denied to users public_html directories
Date Wed, 02 Dec 1998 07:12:15 GMT

Synopsis: Access denied to users public_html directories

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: marc
State-Changed-When: Tue Dec  1 23:12:14 PST 1998
State-Changed-Why:
Since you decline to mention what shows up in the error log,
as explicitly requested before you submit a PR, I'm afraid
we can't help you.  We don't just ask you to do those things
for your health.

It is almost certain that either you are missing world read
permissions on the directory in question or some directory
above it or you don't have a "<Directory /foo>" section in your
config file that allows access to the home directories.