www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Marxen, Sara" <SMar...@sccd.ctc.edu>
Subject RE: os-linux/3387: Regularly the httpd children will all die with no errors given, the root process will still be running, must stop and r estart httpd.
Date Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:21:27 GMT
There is another thing I meant to report.  My Minspareservers is set to
10.  But
the number of server processes regularly goes below 10, for example last
time
before it died.  the number of httpd processes waiting was below 10 for
over 35 minutes.
Other times the server will go down to about 4 or 6 servers and stay
there for a half hour before returning to the minspare server amount of
10.
Isn't the min spare servers suppossed to signify the least amount of
spare servers
that should be running?  So there should be no less than 10 for more
than a few minutes?