www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Christopher Curtis <ccur...@aet-usa.com>
Subject os-solaris/3467: Broken client connections not detected
Date Tue, 01 Dec 1998 03:55:09 GMT

>Number:         3467
>Category:       os-solaris
>Synopsis:       Broken client connections not detected
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I have a PHP page that sits in an infinite loop.  When a browser leaves this page, the child
httpd recieves a SIGPIPE, but ignores it, and continues to run, even though the client is
long gone.  The output of a truss:

read(7, "05 C h r i s\t 9 1 2 4 8".., 52)       = 52
read(7, "01\0\0\n", 4)                          = 4
read(7, "FE", 1)                                = 1
write(6, " < f o n t   c o l o r =".., 182)     Err#32 EPIPE
    Received signal #13, SIGPIPE [ignored]
>How-To-Repeat:
The URL is
 http://www.ee.fit.edu/users/ccurtis/lords/chat/
but please dont.
>Fix:
I haven't looked at the source code, but it seems like a good idea not to ignore SIGPIPE.
 There may be other reasons to ignore it that I'm not aware of, however.