www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Sheldon Hearn <...@iafrica.com>
Subject mod_access/3454: AllowOverride Limit ignored for regex <Directory ~> in access.conf
Date Thu, 26 Nov 1998 13:57:13 GMT

>Number:         3454
>Category:       mod_access
>Synopsis:       AllowOverride Limit ignored for regex <Directory ~> in access.conf
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
In access.conf, if I wrap the following in <Directory "/home/project/web-docs/">, .htaccess
Limit is enforced. If the following is wrapped in <Directory ~ "/home/.*/web-docs/">,
.htaccess Limit is not enforced:

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes
AllowOverride AuthConfig Limit

The access.conf's <Directory /> sets a more restrictive ``AllowOverride None''.

This looks like an incomplete implimentation of the new regexp matching code for <Directory>
and <Location> directives.
>How-To-Repeat:
Try to use a regexp <Directory ~> directive to AllowOverride so that .htaccess <Limit>s
are enforced in homedirs.
>Fix:
This may be a symptom of the same problem causing the likes of PR1829. I suspect it may also
be the cause of the problem reported in PR3019.