www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: suexec/1769: suexec too limited -- need per-directory control, more permissive directory structures
Date Wed, 18 Nov 1998 09:40:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR suexec/1769; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rse@engelschall.com>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: suexec/1769: suexec too limited -- need per-directory control, more permissive
directory structures
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 10:37:51 +0100

 In article <19981111075000.18806.qmail@hyperreal.org> you wrote:

 >  Some time ago I created a set of patches for 1.3b3 which
 >  allow suexec to work in a more flexible manner; those
 >  patches are getting a bit dated, and I've got a new set (for
 >  1.3.3) pretty much ready to go.  I've attempted to follow
 >  the spirit of the changes that have been made since 1.3b3.
 >
 >  The patches are still intolerant of variation in the formatting
 >  of the suexec.conf file, but otherwise are fairly solid (I think!).
 >
 >  Since the configure stuff has become very slick and useful,
 >  I'm wondering if I can get a copy of the configure.in
 >  file so I can add a few --suexec-* options to the patches
 >  so some additional configuration can be automated.  For
 >  instance, I need to set up where the suexec.conf file is found
 >  (and what it's called, for that matter...).
 >[...]

 There is no configure.in, because APACI is Apache Autoconf-*STYLE* Interface
 and not really an Autoconf-based interface. The current "configure" script is
 hand-written which you should recognize when looking carefully at it and
 comparing it to the stuff GNU Autoconf's m4 macros output ;-)

                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
                                        rse@engelschall.com
                                        www.engelschall.com