www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From John Mudge <jmu...@ptmudge.westsound.com>
Subject documentation/3410: no documentation on adding file descriptions for the default "index of" listings
Date Wed, 18 Nov 1998 01:23:57 GMT

>Number:         3410
>Category:       documentation
>Synopsis:       no documentation on adding file descriptions for the default "index of"
listings
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
If the DirectoryIndex file does not exist in a directory Apache shows a file
created on-the-fly.  The right column is labelled "Description" but there is
no documentation on how to activate it so users can see a description of the
files.  Index.txt or Files.BBS are commonly used by FTP sites and BBS's but
nothing I have tried works.  Documenting this feature would help!
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
If a default file for descriptions exist...document it :-)