www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Arun K.E <aru...@wipinfo.soft.net>
Subject general/3408: httpd not started
Date Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:40:42 GMT

>Number:         3408
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       httpd not started
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
when I try to run httpd, it doesnt get started and the error log
shows this problem

[Tue Nov 17 18:07:13 1998] [crit] (124)Address family not supported by protocol family: make_sock:
could not bind to port 1000

I have tried different kind of ports, but the problem persists.
I checked the code and find that the "bind" call is failing in the
"make_sock" function.