www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Samuel Liddicott <...@campbellsci.co.uk>
Subject mod_proxy/3407: Connection to some MS web sites hang forever after about 2L
Date Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:49:47 GMT

>Number:         3407
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       Connection to some MS web sites hang forever after about 2L
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ from windows 95 IE 4.01sp1 via apache 1.3.1 as a proxy
server.

Connecting without apache works; connecting via apache hangs halfway through loading the <head>
part of the document.

There is no network traffic at the hang.
go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ via an apache proxy.
>Fix:
Don't really know why it breaks.  Maybe related to PR2385 for all I know?  Keepalives dont
seem to make any difference though.

Its probably microsoft being stinky IMHO to try and make people ditch apache, to try and shown
ownership of some web standards.