www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jackson Xu <4...@cua.edu>
Subject os-windows/3388: Bluescreen with VxD error message similar to PR#3220. It happens when my server is in peak hours.
Date Thu, 12 Nov 1998 16:16:24 GMT

>Number:         3388
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Bluescreen with VxD error message similar to PR#3220. It happens when
my server is in peak hours.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I have a very high traffic to this PC, more than 50 hits in peak hours. I have taken the advice
and upgrade to winsocket2. And to avoid the FIN_WAIT_2 problem, I set the keep-alive to Off.
This two measures seem to improve the performance a little bit, since the server survived
the peak hours last time. But yesterday it's down with blue screen. I checked the stat report
of my website. It shows that the server was dead at peak hours. I use the Win95 Apache for
http server only.
And I have tried using other windows webservers. I met the same problem.

So here is a question. How can I improve the stability of the system when using Apache. What
other parameters should I change to control the traffic?

I've viewd the PR database carefully. And 3220 is the only related one. I also know that it's
still open.

Hope to get some solutions soon.
>How-To-Repeat:
I think if you have Win95b, winsock1, and a very high traffic, you would be very easy to get
the bluescreen in peak hours.
>Fix:
Don't know.