www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From peter huang <peter_hu...@hp.com>
Subject mod_digest/3385: digest authentication return 401 413 where it should be ok
Date Wed, 11 Nov 1998 17:02:05 GMT

>Number:         3385
>Category:       mod_digest
>Synopsis:       digest authentication return 401 413 where it should be ok
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
NT 5 beta 2 IE support digest authentication.  I set up a digest directory
using .htaccess using authType Digest and authName PRAS and point the
authDigestFile to the file created by htdigest.  The authentication dialog
comes up, type in the proper name and password.  It failed.  The
message in apache access.log states a 401 413 error.  Using the same
browser, I was able to access digest test servers  with http://digest-test.agranat.com and
http://hopf.math.nwu.edu/testpage.