www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Vaclav Ovsik <ov...@skoda.cz>
Subject config/3380: APACI configure fails to difference shared/static module when one module name is postfix of other (eg. cgi x fastcgi)
Date Wed, 11 Nov 1998 14:31:47 GMT

>Number:         3380
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       APACI configure fails to difference shared/static module when one module
name is postfix of other (eg. cgi x fastcgi)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I tried to modify rpm from RH5.2 apache-1.3.3-1.src.rpm from RedHat,
simply by adding FastCGI.
I tried to use APACI and add module fastcgi by --activate-module
and also disabling shared by --disable-shared=fastcgi.
But there was module cgi configured like shared module before module fastcgi
on command line.
When file Configuration.apaci was generated by configure,
the group of sed substitutions was generated. There is the bug,
because substitution for module cgi match for line with fastcgi
and line "SharedModule ..." instead of "AddModule ..." was generated.

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
There should be some word delimiter in sed substitutions patterns.
I think something like '\<' before $module in patterns should help.