www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Catherine CHAT <Catherine.C...@inria.fr>
Subject mod_auth-any/3367: Satisfy ignores <Limit> context
Date Mon, 09 Nov 1998 15:15:49 GMT

>Number:         3367
>Category:       mod_auth-any
>Synopsis:       Satisfy ignores <Limit> context
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I want to give GET&POST access by hostname OR username
and PUT access by hostname AND by username. Si I thought I could write
the following in my access.conf file :

<Location ~ "/intranet">
AllowOverride None
AuthType Basic
AuthName Intranet
AuthUserFile /usr/local/etc/apacheserver/conf/passwd.conf
AuthGroupFile /usr/local/etc/apacheserver/conf/group.conf
<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from .toto.fr
require group mygroup
Satisfy any
</Limit>
<Limit PUT>
require group admin
Satisfy all
</Limit>
</Location>

But only the last "Satisfy" directive is applied and applied to GET POST
and PUT access method ! Is it possible to restrict the "Satisfy" directive
to apply only within the <Limit> directive
>How-To-Repeat:
Try the above access.conf file.