www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brian Schaffner <BSchaff...@accentonline.com>
Subject RE: apache-api/3355: ap_vformatter barfs on %n in log message
Date Fri, 06 Nov 1998 18:40:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR apache-api/3355; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Brian Schaffner <BSchaffner@accentonline.com>
To: "'marc@apache.org'" <marc@apache.org>, apache-bugdb@apache.org,
	Brian Schaffner <BSchaffner@accentonline.com>, "'apbugs@apache.org'"
	 <apbugs@apache.org>
Cc:  Subject: RE: apache-api/3355: ap_vformatter barfs on %n in log message
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 13:28:40 -0500

 The actual code in the PHP source is (main.c, 224):

 aplog_error(NULL, 0, APLOG_ERR | APLOG_NOERRNO, php3_rqst->server,
 log_message);

 passing "%n" as log_message.

 In PHP code:
 <?
 	error_log("%n");
 ?>

 I wasn't certain that this was related to the other bug report - just
 thought it sounded similar.

 -brian-