www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mark Herman II <turbo...@cajun.net>
Subject Re: os-linux/3343: Server dies after 1-20 hours of usage.
Date Thu, 05 Nov 1998 06:20:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-linux/3343; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Herman II <turbodog@cajun.net>
To: lars@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: os-linux/3343: Server dies after 1-20 hours of usage.
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 00:14:10 -0600

 Hi,
     Thanks for the quick reply.  Here are the settings you asked for:

 MaxRequestsPerChild is set to 64.  It was set to 30, but I increased
 it.  This seemed to make the server take longer to die.

 MaxClients is set to 150

 MinSpareServers is 5

 MaxSpareServers is 10

 BTW, we are running a custom transfer log, but we weren't when the
 problem started.  I noticed another message in the database regarding
 custom logs, but this shouldn't be the cause of the problem.

 There were no unusual messages in the error log file.  I also checked
 the syslog messages file, and I did notice several messages about
 possible SYN floods, but the times don't appear to correspond with the
 unresponsiveness of httpd.

 Thanks