www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Kristofer Jonsson <b...@vimmerby.mail.telia.com>
Subject config/3341: When I try to compile Apache it don't recognizes my os.
Date Wed, 04 Nov 1998 17:56:54 GMT

>Number:         3341
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       When I try to compile Apache it don't recognizes my os.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
This is what happens when I run GCC.

BASH.EXE-2.01$ configure
Using config file: Configuration
Creating Makefile
hostinfo: not found
Sorry, but we cannot grok "i586-whatever-CYGWIN32_95|4.0|19.0"
uname -m
i586
uname -r
4.0
uname -s
CYGWIN32_95
uname -v
19.0
uname -X
uname: invalid option -- X
Try `uname --help' for more information.
Ideally, read the file PORTING, do what it says, and send the
resulting patches to The Apache Group by filling out a report
form at http://www.apache.org/bug_report.html. If you don't
wish to do the port yourself, please submit this output rather
than the patches. Thank you.

Pressing on with the build process, but all bets are off.
Do not be surprised if it fails. If it works, and even
if it does not, please contact the above address.

 + configured for Unknown and unsupported OS platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
Creating Makefile in support
Creating Makefile in main
Creating Makefile in ap
Creating Makefile in regex
Creating Makefile in os/unix
Creating Makefile in modules/standard
BASH.EXE-2.01$
>How-To-Repeat:
Just try to compile it on a Win95 with GCC for Win32.
>Fix:
I know that there already is a precompiled version of Apache for Win32 compiling it gives
one the advantage of choosing the components.