www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From brian moore <...@cmc.net>
Subject Re: mod_proxy/3327: alarm() problems in mod_proxy (see pr#374)
Date Mon, 02 Nov 1998 22:51:18 GMT
On Sun, Nov 01, 1998 at 09:40:00PM -0000, apbugs@hyperreal.org wrote:
> Thank you very much for your problem report.
> It has the internal identification `mod_proxy/3327'.
> The individual assigned to look at your
> report is: apache.
>
> >Category:       mod_proxy
> >Responsible:    apache
> >Synopsis:       alarm() problems in mod_proxy (see pr#374)
> >Arrival-Date:   Sun Nov  1 13:40:00 PST 1998

hrrmph... now I can't repeat it.

I did see some missing resets of the ap_hard_timeout, which may be the
problem.  I've attached a patch file to proxy_ftp.c that puts them in,
but I don't think that's the problem.

It's acting much like pr#374 did, though certainly less often.  (Was
enough that on the first of the month auto-rotation/analog run 4 daemons
survived a USR1 and needed to be forcefully killed: at least one had
been hung for a week.)

Maybe downgrade to 'condition: weird' until I can force a failure.

--
Brian Moore                       | "The Zen nature of a spammer resembles
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     |  a cockroach, except that the cockroach