www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From brian moore <...@cmc.net>
Subject mod_proxy/3327: alarm() problems in mod_proxy (see pr#374)
Date Sun, 01 Nov 1998 21:37:34 GMT

>Number:         3327
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       alarm() problems in mod_proxy (see pr#374)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        1.3.0
>Environment:
Solaris 2.5, gcc, 1.3.0, PHP/3.0.3.

All 'recommended and security' patches installed.
1.3.0 (yeah, yeah, I should upgrade) seems to still have a problem with losing the
alarms in mod_proxy.  I think I can reproduce it, which I'll play with tomorrow.
I'll also ensure it doesn't have the problem with the current release. :)

It appears to be related to FTP proxying, since all the hung daemons this morning were
from FTP transfers.  (Gotta love first of the month log rotating time and running out
of disk space since several deamons were left in 'graceful exit' mode, yet stuck.
as could be with the log files open.)
>How-To-Repeat:
I think I can do it by firewalling the IDENT port, and requesting a file from a server
or two that checks ident.  Will try that tomorrow when I'm not on a modem.
>Fix:
Will provide unless someone beats me. :)