www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Steve O'Hara-Smith <s.oh...@elsevier.nl>
Subject Re: mod_access/3209: Selectively enabling open access to default
Date Thu, 15 Oct 1998 07:20:46 GMT

On 14-Oct-98 marc@apache.org wrote:
> Use "satisfy any" in the <Files index.html> section.
> "?*" is matching the index.

        Apologies for insufficient information, "satisfy any" is setup by
default in the config file. I have now tried adding it to the <Files index.html>
section but that has changed none of the behaviour.

        I am aware the "?*" is matching the index, but in 1.2.4 this all
behaved nicely - the most specific match to the filename was taken and all
behaved intuitively well. Perhaps this was a happy accident, if so would be
nice if it were a defined behaviour (just my 2d).

>From Steve O'Hara-Smith <sohara@mardil.elsevier.nl> On 15-Oct-98 At 09:20:46

     Tell a computer to WIN and ...                       ... You LOSE!