www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From <william.sm...@benefon.fi>
Subject Re: os-windows/3261: Does not execute binary executable files ( .exe)
Date Thu, 22 Oct 1998 10:16:40 GMT

Hello,

I just tried it with a 32-bit console version of the same program.
This program also works normally in the same computer
when invoked outside of the Apache environment.

When I try to invoke the program from another computer using Netscape, I
get
a document back "Internal Server Error".
It complains of "Malformed header from script. Bad
header:=cgi-bin/testcgi.exe"
My test Perl script still works like before.

Possible problems.
-Apache may not recognize that it is a binary executable.
-It may still not recognize Windows executables.
-It does look for a header and does not find it, which seems to indicate it
does not
recognize that it is indeed a binary Windows executable.

If you would like to have a copy of the CGI program, I can send it upon
request.
Let me know if I can be of further help.

Sincerely,

William Smith

William Smith WS
22/10/98 12:11