www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Gregg Brekke <gre...@artos.org>
Subject Re: general/3243: Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to port 80
Date Mon, 19 Oct 1998 18:08:46 GMT
marc@apache.org wrote:

> [If you do not include this Cc, your reply may be ig-   ]
> [nored unless you are responding to an explicit request ]
> [from a developer.                                      ]
> [Reply only with text; DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS!         ]
>
> Synopsis: Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to port 80
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
> State-Changed-By: marc
> State-Changed-When: Mon Oct 19 10:28:46 PDT 1998
> State-Changed-Why:
> Erm... how are you shutting Apache down?
>
> Are there any httpd processes still running after you
> shut it down?
>
> What does netstat -na show for sockets on port 80?

I shut Apache down with a kill -TERM so I can reload the configuration
files with a command line restart.

Other Apache servers (non virtual) are still running on port 80 from
their own configuration files, root directories and with different IP
addresses.  There are no processes running or sockets open for the
Apache server/IP address in question.