www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Pascal van Rossum <pas...@pen.nl>
Subject general/3310: httpd caused huge load
Date Thu, 29 Oct 1998 10:01:36 GMT

>Number:         3310
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       httpd caused huge load
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Apache 1.3.3 caused a load of 14 on our Linux system. There were according to the logfiles
no unusual hits to our server that would suggest an attempt to hack the system.

There seemed to be about 5 http daemons which took up all the CPU.

After restarting the webserver the load decreased to normal level again.