www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From greg haygood <greg.hayg...@thinkinc.com>
Subject os-solaris/3298: bad CGI headers due to /etc/resolv.conf
Date Tue, 27 Oct 1998 15:44:12 GMT

>Number:         3298
>Category:       os-solaris
>Synopsis:       bad CGI headers due to /etc/resolv.conf
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        1.3.x
>Environment:
SunOS ns2.iweb.net 5.5.1 Generic_103640-23 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1

bind 8.1.2
gcc 2.8.0

setting "options debug" in /etc/resolv.conf causes a bad header to be set,
which in turn causes a 500 error at the end of some CGI scripts, after the script
has performed its function(s).

this is the error that pops up on screen and in the error log:
malformed header from script. Bad header=;; res_setoptions(" de: /htdocs/interweb/cgi-bin/email

this was checked with both Apache 1.3.1 and 1.3.3
>How-To-Repeat:
using any instance of Matt's FormMail (v1.6) CGI produces this output.  my version is
up at http://beta.iweb.net/apps/form.html and http://beta.iweb.net/cgi-bin/email,
but obviously can't be used since this is on our production server.

>Fix:
since i haven't delved into the code, not yet.