www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dominic Hulewicz <...@intanet.com>
Subject mod_log-any/3292: CustomLog does not show environment variables
Date Mon, 26 Oct 1998 10:20:30 GMT

>Number:         3292
>Category:       mod_log-any
>Synopsis:       CustomLog does not show environment variables
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The documentation for mod_log_config shows that you can use %{FOOBAR}e
strings in a CustomLog line to add contents from environment variables
into log files. I have tried the following in a virtual host:

LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%{REQUEST_METHOD}e %{HTTP_HOST}e %{REQUEST_URI}e %{SERVER_PROTOCOL}e\"
%s %b" fullurl
CustomLog /logs/testlog fullurl

But in the log file entries, the environment variables are always replaced
by hyphens, e.g. some.site.com - - [26/Oct/1998:10:08:42 +0000] "- - - -" 302 229
>How-To-Repeat:
Try it for yourself !  :-)
>Fix:
Nope.