www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brad Cox <b...@gmu.edu>
Subject general/3285: Configuration files in etc versus conf?
Date Sat, 24 Oct 1998 17:49:45 GMT

>Number:         3285
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Configuration files in etc versus conf?
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Sometimes apache reads config files from PREFIX/etc, other times from PREFIX/conf. I think
this is caused by different assumptions made by the apaci configuration script and the manual
configuration procedure in PREFIX/src. I got that impression from comparing the READMEs in
the two locations, which describe different conventions... etc in one place, conf in the other.
>How-To-Repeat:
Compare the dox in the two locations re: etc vs conf
>Fix:
Settle on one or the other, or document why two conventions are useful.