www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Michael Hauber <mhau...@datacore.ch>
Subject Re: os-next/3223: problem running some cgi scripts
Date Fri, 23 Oct 1998 21:30:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-next/3223; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Michael Hauber <mhauber@datacore.ch>
To: keith@sssd.navy.mil, marcs@znep.com
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: os-next/3223: problem running some cgi scripts
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 23:24:45 +0200

 Hi all,

 I read your bug report in the apache bug tracking system.
 I had a similar problem with apache 1.3.2 on a next with openstep 4.2.

 There is one thing I found out:
 When your run apache in gdb (with -X flag), then every time the error
 occurs
 a message is printed in gdb saying 'Software Exception [some offset]',
 but
 the process continues to run (you don't get to the gdb prompt).
 In some cases (very seldom) the process stops with the same message in a
 writev()
 system call.
 I never saw such a message before. In my opinion this has something to
 do with
 an exception in the underlying mach kernel.

 -mh

 --
 Michael Hauber, mhauber@datacore.ch
 DataCore, A.Guindehi & M.Hauber, Witikonerstrasse 289, 8053 Zurich,