www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Bill Jones <b...@fccj.org>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite/3213: RewriteCond %{} !-U [skip=1] -- 'skip' not working?
Date Fri, 23 Oct 1998 12:20:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_rewrite/3213; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bill Jones <bill@fccj.org>
To: rse@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: mod_rewrite/3213: RewriteCond %{} !-U [skip=1] -- 'skip' not working?
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 08:11:22 -0400

 rse@apache.org wrote:

 > [If you do not include this Cc, your reply may be ig-   ]
 > [nored unless you are responding to an explicit request ]
 > [from a developer.                                      ]
 > [Reply only with text; DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS!         ]
 >
 > Synopsis: RewriteCond %{} !-U [skip=1] -- 'skip' not working?
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
 > State-Changed-By: rse
 > State-Changed-When: Fri Oct 23 01:49:07 PDT 1998
 > State-Changed-Why:
 > Who said that [skip] is supported for RewriteConds?
 > You should get an "RewriteCond: unknown flag" error.
 > The documentation correctly describes [skip] only
 > for RewriteRule. Not for RewriteCond.

 I know  :]  And I do, but I mis-read the docs on this and after
 sometime of trying different things - reported a bug, as I saw it.

 Well, after more thoughts flowing thru brain :]  I think there
 could be better grouping of RewriteCond statements
 IE. RewriteCond (if true, skip next or [all], etc...)

 I guess I am just thinking too literally, or not literally
 enough.  At any rate, I would like to suggest a new 'feature'
 using [SKIP=n] in addition to [OR].   For example:

 RewriteCond (If this is True) [SKIP=2]  (ie.  Skip next tests.)
 RewriteCond (Otherwise, is there a way to group
 RewriteCond  these two tests together ??? )
 RewriteRule (rewrite URL like this...)

 What I was trying (in pseudo code) is -

 RewriteCond (If given resource is 'internal Apache item') then TRUE(?)
 Otherwise test following RewriteConds and then execute
 RewriteRule (if all conditions are true? If one is true?)

 I need to stop and re-read the part where is must say
 "That if all RewriteCond are true then the RewriteRule
 gets done???"  I must keep missing that somewhere...

 I appreciate the power of the mod_rewrite module, but
 right now I am in "foot shooting stage..."

 Thx!
 -Sneex-  :]
 Bill Jones  |  FCCJ Webmaster  |  x3089  |  http://webmaster.fccj.org:81
        __ _  RedHat 5.1 Manhatten