www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Randy Jae Weinstein <rw...@is7.nyu.edu>
Subject Re: config/3000: BrowserMatch(NoCase)/SetEnvIf(NoCase) allowed in htaccess
Date Thu, 22 Oct 1998 22:00:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/3000; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Randy Jae Weinstein <rw263@is7.nyu.edu>
To: apbugs@Apache.Org
Cc:  Subject: Re: config/3000: BrowserMatch(NoCase)/SetEnvIf(NoCase) allowed in htaccess
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 17:59:52 -0400 (EDT)

 Since IfDefine uses as its parameter-name given on the httpd cmmand
 line, maybe a new directive called IfEnvar should be used when the
 attribute is gotten from SetEnvIf.  Of course the module for IfDefine and
 IfEnvar would have to be evaluated relatively early as it could be used to
 effect the output of modules like authentication and rewrite.

 I'm trying to redirect a user to a different URL if a non-netscape browser
 is found. If a netscape browser is found then I want to authenticate. This
 example could be acheived by IfEnvar and SetEnvIf, however I think there
 are many other useful applications for the above mentioned suggestion.

 -Cheers,
  RJW