www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject mod_auth-any/2809
Date Thu, 22 Oct 1998 18:00:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_auth-any/2809; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Cc:  Subject: mod_auth-any/2809
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 10:53:28 -0700 (PDT)

 Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 11:27:14 +0100
 From: Lack Mr G M <gml4410@ggr.co.uk>
 Sender: gml4410@ggr.co.uk
 To: apbugs@Apache.Org
 Cc: jeffc@dbix.com.my
 Subject: AuthDBMUserFile - Apache complains 'File not found'

 >Number:         3259
 >Category:       pending
 >Synopsis:       AuthDBMUserFile - Apache complains 'File not found'
 >Confidential:   yes
 >Severity:       serious
 >How-To-Repeat:
 >Fix:
 >Audit-Trail:
 >Unformatted:
 If I may butt in here....

    This is PR 2809.

 >> The problem is not Apache. It is the gdbm library (1.7.3).

    This is not correct.

    I am having the same problem (Apache 1.3.3).  auth_dbm *did* work
 when I first tested it, but now fails.   I am now building in mod_perl,
 which I was not doing previously.

    My suspicion is that, since I include GDB< with perl, the addition of
 -lgdm to the compile options is having a detrimental affect.

    NOTE: That I am having exactly the same probelm on both Solaris2.6
 and irix6.2 systems.  The Apache server succesfully opens the .pag file,
 reads from it, *then* reports "File not found" (checked with truss and
 par respectively).

 >> >Fix:
 >> 1. Recompile gdbm library and comment out the ".pag" and ".dir" extensions.

    Thsi is not a fix.  I am not using gdbm (at least I shouldn't be).  I
 *should* be using ndbm (and certainly was when I first tested it, as I
 made my test files with makedbm - they still have the YP stamps in
 them).