www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: general/2757: writing access logs over nfs (fwd)
Date Tue, 20 Oct 1998 07:20:05 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/2757; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Cc:  Subject: Re: general/2757: writing access logs over nfs (fwd)
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 00:12:20 -0700 (PDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 16:53:21 -0400 (EDT)
 From: Jeremy Hansen <jeremy@xxedgexx.com>
 To: marc@hyperreal.org
 Cc: apache-bugdb@apache.org, marc@apache.org, linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
 Subject: Re: general/2757: writing access logs over nfs

 I have reported this to linux-kernel and since apache initially opens
 access logs as root and then fails to write to them, people on
 linux-kernel believe it is an apache problem.

 I have no idea either way.  I'm just reporting it to both sides for a
 developer to figure out.

 I understand that it may be a bad idea to do logs over nfs, but regardless
 of what is a smart thing to do, it should still work.

 -jeremy

 http://www.xxedgexx.com | jeremy@xxedgexx.com