www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: mod_access/2784: .htaccess referer PART 2 (fwd)
Date Tue, 20 Oct 1998 07:20:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_access/2784; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Cc:  Subject: Re: mod_access/2784: .htaccess referer PART 2 (fwd)
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 00:10:59 -0700 (PDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 03:29:01 -0500
 From: Tracy Barnes <prez@hardradio.com>
 To: marc@hyperreal.org
 Subject: Re:2784: .htaccess referer PART 2

 Marc,

 It's probably one of those 3:30 in the morning problems, but I can't make
 sense of the mod_rewrite manual. Would you be open to consulting this
 problem for us on fee?

 We can have mod_rewite compiled into the server, and just need to know how
 to set up a directory so the files in that directory can only be accessed
 from within our domain, denying all outside links to these files and
 hopefully with a redirect that would send the "offender" to our homepage.

 Our domain is a virtual domain and hopefully the rewrite directives could
 be placed into an .htaccess file.

 I'd be glad to pay for your expert advice.

 Thanks,

 Tracy

 >Synopsis: .htaccess referer
 >
 >State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
 >State-Changed-By: marc
 >State-Changed-When: Wed Aug  5 00:54:36 PDT 1998
 >State-Changed-Why:
 >We have no plans to add that directive.
 >
 >As documented very clearly in the NCSA compat page you
 >are told to read before submitting a PR, there are several
 >other ways to get the same functionality including
 >mod_rewrite.

 Tracy Barnes (mr.)
 President
 HardRadio
 Asgaard Internet Radio
 prez@hardradio.com

 What The Hard Rock World Is Coming To:
 http://www.hardradio.com

 The Rock and Roll Place in Cyberspace (sm)
 The World's Largest Online Music Station
 The First Online Station Licensed by both ASCAP and BMI
 Ranked the #3 most popular audio destination on the Internet
 The Home of Hit Parader Magazine Online and Shockwaves Magazine Online
 The Only Online Station with Broadcast Industry Trade Journal Playlist
 Reporting Status-The Friday Morning Quarterback, The Album Network, and CMJ.