www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: mod_cgi/3069: Apache won't run WIN generated perlscripts, that do work in commandline (fwd)
Date Tue, 20 Oct 1998 06:40:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_cgi/3069; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Cc:  Subject: Re: mod_cgi/3069: Apache won't run WIN generated perlscripts, that
 do work in commandline (fwd)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 22:37:58 -0700 (PDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 00:55:27 +0200
 From: Soren Birk Jacobsen <kurgan@ns-media.dk>
 To: marc@apache.org
 Subject: Re: mod_cgi/3069: Apache won't run WIN generated perlscripts,
      that do work in commandline

 marc@apache.org wrote:

 > [If you do not include this Cc, your reply may be ig-   ]
 > [nored unless you are responding to an explicit request ]
 > [from a developer.                                      ]
 > [Reply only with text; DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS!         ]
 >
 > Synopsis: Apache won't run WIN generated perlscripts, that do work in commandline
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
 > State-Changed-By: marc
 > State-Changed-When: Thu Sep 24 16:23:26 PDT 1998
 > State-Changed-Why:
 > First, we can not support 1.1.1 any more since it is ancient.
 >
 > Second, this is not an appropriate quesiton for a "bug report".
 > Please use the procedures detailed as alternatives on the page
 > before you submit your report, eg. Usenet.
 >
 > We can not give basic user support to millions of users.
 > If your problem is caused by lack of line ending translation,
 > then you should be sure to transfer the file with ftp in
 > ascii mode or load it up in the pico editor after transferring
 > and then save it to disk.
 >
 > However, you really need to ask in somewhere such as Usenet
 > since this is not an appropriate place.

   Sorry, I just couldn't find anyplace else, and the description i the FAQ wasn't
 really usefull, btw. the only usegroup I've been able to find dealing directly with
 apache is japan.www.server.apache but tjis isn't too active and most of the content
 is in Japanese (but I did post the problem).

 anyway thanks

 kurgan