www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: os-windows/3236: Error_log is creating although uncommenting in highperformance.conf-dist
Date Tue, 20 Oct 1998 04:20:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-windows/3236; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: =?X-UNKNOWN?Q?Bj=F6rn_Michael?= <B.Michael@gmx.de>
Cc: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: os-windows/3236: Error_log is creating although uncommenting
 in highperformance.conf-dist
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 21:10:40 -0700 (PDT)

 On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Bj=F6rn Michael wrote:

 > Hi Marc,
 >=20
 > marc@apache.org schrieb:
 > >=20
 > > Synopsis: Error_log is creating although uncommenting in highperformanc=
 e.conf-dist
 > >=20
 > > State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
 > > State-Changed-By: marc
 > > State-Changed-When: Sun Oct 18 22:48:32 PDT 1998
 > > State-Changed-Why:
 > > If you read the docs for the ErrorLog directive, you
 > > will see that the default is "logs/error_log" so
 > > commenting it out won't disable that.
 >=20
 > I have read this manual. But when you look into Errorlog directive there
 > isn't an entry about noncreating error_log.

 Erm... no it doesn't, but it does say what the default is, ie.
 "logs/error_log".  Default means that if you don't have it set to anything
 else.

 > =20
 > > If you wish to disable it being logged to disk,
 > > "ErrorLog nul" should do it.
 >=20
 > It sounds good but doesn't work. I hope you mean this in
 > highperformance.conf-dist

 First of all, "*-dist" files are the distributed config files.  Second,
 you need to read the comment at the top of the file to figure out why it
 doesn't use highperformance.conf.  You need to set it in httpd.conf unless
 you change the config file being used.