www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Didier Godefroy ...@ulysium.net>
Subject Re: mod_autoindex/3245: Icons not found when indexing subdirectories
Date Mon, 19 Oct 1998 21:20:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_autoindex/3245; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Didier Godefroy <dg@ulysium.net>
To: marc@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: mod_autoindex/3245: Icons not found when indexing subdirectories
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 17:11:49 -0400

 marc@apache.org wrote:

 > Synopsis: Icons not found when indexing subdirectories
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
 > State-Changed-By: marc
 > State-Changed-When: Mon Oct 19 11:25:30 PDT 1998
 > State-Changed-Why:
 > First, it would have bene useful if you could have tried
 > upgrading _BEFORE_ submitting a bug report.  It just makes

 The upgrade is just a project and I'm not really counting on that right at the
 moment, I need what's there to run properly, this upgrade has already given me a
 lot of headaches, it's complex with adding mod_ssl/SSLeay plus mod_perl and a
 few others, the docs are too confusing... (sorry)

 > life easier for everyone, we don't want to spend all our time
 > tracking down bugs that are fixed.

 Actually, I don't really know if it's a bug or not...

 > Can you provide a URL that shows what is happening?

 Here's one:

 http://ulysium.net/~dg/test/

 > Does anything show up in the error log?

 [Mon Oct 19 17:07:12 1998] access to /usr/users/dg/home/test/icons/back.gif
 failed for ....., reason: File does not exist
 [Mon Oct 19 17:07:12 1998] access to /usr/users/dg/home/test/icons/text.gif
 failed for ....., reason: File does not exist
 [Mon Oct 19 17:07:12 1998] access to /usr/users/dg/home/test/icons/blank.gif
 failed for ......, reason: File does not exist

 I have:

 Alias /icons/ /apache/icons/

 in the config and it works for anything at root document level, but nothing
 beyond that...

 > Do you mean the images are broken or just don't show up?

 They can't be broken, as they do show up for root document indexes, but they
 don't show up for subdirs...

 > If the latter, you probably have FancyIndexing disabled.

 Nope, I have:

 IndexOptions FancyIndexing

 and

 FancyIndexing on

 in the config as well.

 > Check for any IndexOptions or FancyIndexing directives
 > either in your config file or your .htaccess file that may
 > disable fancyindexing.

 If it's in the config system wide, I shouldn't need to have a .htaccess everywhere..

 --
 Didier Godefroy
 mailto:dg@ulysium.net