www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Adam Costello <...@cs.berkeley.edu>
Subject config/3228: DefaultType and AddType accept handlers, but documentation does not permit this.
Date Fri, 16 Oct 1998 20:43:14 GMT

>Number:         3228
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       DefaultType and AddType accept handlers, but documentation does not permit
this.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
DefaultType and AddType appear to accept handlers, not just media types.  For
example, the following work:

DefaultType type-map
AddType type-map glorp

Then the files "foo" and "foo.glorp" will be interpreted as type maps.

Is this a feature or a bug?  It seems like a nice feature, but
I don't know whether I can expect it to be supported in future
releases of Apache, because the documentation does not say that DefaultType
and AddType accept handlers--it mentions only media types.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Unless you forsee problems with supporting the feature in the future, I would
suggest documenting it.