www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: general/3224: httpd always looks in {$prefix}/{$sysconfdir}/apache/ for config data, even if specified otherwise in the makefile..
Date Thu, 15 Oct 1998 21:40:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/3224; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Aaron Tavistock <aarontav@uc.berkeley.edu>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: general/3224: httpd always looks in
 {$prefix}/{$sysconfdir}/apache/ for config data, even if specified
 otherwise in the makefile..
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 14:32:13 -0700 (PDT)

 On 15 Oct 1998, Aaron Tavistock wrote:

 > No matter how you change the makefile, httpd always looks in a path that has fixed information.
 >
 > For example:  when httpd gets the httpd.conf, goes to {$prefix}/{$sysconfdir}/apache/httpd.conf
 >
 > Now, I've tried using the ./configure options to change it, and I've tried changing
what I can in the makefile.  Neither quite fixes it.  I do notice that there is a --compat
switch which steps back to the 1.2 version layout which does work to get rid  of the apache
part of the path.

 Erm... exactly what are you doing?

 You should not be editing _ANY_ makefile to try to change this.

 Are you using Configure or configure?

 Please give an exact example of how you want things to work and what
 you tried to make them work that way.