www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Aaron Tavistock <aaron...@uc.berkeley.edu>
Subject general/3224: httpd always looks in {$prefix}/{$sysconfdir}/apache/ for config data, even if specified otherwise in the makefile..
Date Thu, 15 Oct 1998 21:29:36 GMT

>Number:         3224
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       httpd always looks in {$prefix}/{$sysconfdir}/apache/ for config data,
even if specified otherwise in the makefile..
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
No matter how you change the makefile, httpd always looks in a path that has fixed information.

For example:  when httpd gets the httpd.conf, goes to {$prefix}/{$sysconfdir}/apache/httpd.conf

Now, I've tried using the ./configure options to change it, and I've tried changing what I
can in the makefile.  Neither quite fixes it.  I do notice that there is a --compat switch
which steps back to the 1.2 version layout which does work to get rid of the apache part of
the path.

Also in relation, your --help for ./configure lists the paths as PREFIX/var, not PREFIX/var/apache

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I would say that this should be striped out entirely, most people run only one httpd so it
seems silly to have this another layer up.  Myabe adding a --suffix switch which defaults
to null to allow people to add this is the best alternative.