www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From John Gatewood Ham <zappa...@johnny.compsci.buu.ac.th>
Subject mod_autoindex/3218: PR 2243 still not fixed (AddDescription text is trucated on display)
Date Thu, 15 Oct 1998 16:50:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_autoindex/3218; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: John Gatewood Ham <zappaman@johnny.compsci.buu.ac.th>
To: coar@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: mod_autoindex/3218: PR 2243 still not fixed (AddDescription text is
 trucated on display)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 23:44:58 +0700 (ICT)

 Whatever.  I doubt you have surveyed them about it either.  With the
 ability to run on Microsoft products I believe you have also aquired the
 ability to use their attitude towards bugs.  Hey, "It's not a bug, it's
 a feature!".  I don't get Dilbert here in Thailand but your response is
 a good substitute.  And now, just for the record, I will attempt to
 appease your ego and humbly beg you to fix the documentation as you have
 hinted that I am obligated to do before you will act on this:

      Although as a mere user of the free software which
      you have so graciously provided I am not worthy to
      even gather up even the crumbs under thy table, still I
      beeech thee to have mercy upon me and together with
      the truly deserved flame you have bestowed upon me
      please also consider including the possibility of perhaps
      enhancing your already unquestionably excellent documentation
      on the AddDescription feature of the FancyIndexing so
      that one even so immesurably dense and stupid as I obviously
      am can understand that the apache development team, in
      its infinite wisdom, has limited the length of that
      description to that tiny amount which I, as a non-developer of
      apache, am entitled to, and that if I am so blasphemous
      as to even dream of having more that it shall be in vain
      since without an approved survey of tens of thousands of
      apache Webmasters, no such change shall ever come to pass.

 Sincerely,

 John Gatewood Ham

 P.S. ...and I'll water that garden with my tears...