www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jeremy Sippel <wwwebmas...@vt.edu>
Subject os-windows/3220: after installing apache, connecting to an NT server to get/share files produces a bluescreen
Date Thu, 15 Oct 1998 15:30:36 GMT

>Number:         3220
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       after installing apache, connecting to an NT server to get/share files
produces a bluescreen
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Bluescreen:
A fatal exceptoin 0E has occurredat 0028:C0231800 in VXD VMM (0d) + 00001800.  The current
application will be terminated.
It then procedes with a bunch more bluescreens-- I have to reboot, it doesn't recover.
>How-To-Repeat:
I assume (i've done this) that a win95b install and apache will provide a duplication.
>From there browsing the network neighborhood should produce this once you select a file
to open.
It sometimes (rarely) will let you open the file, but a few attempts should give you a bluescreen.
I also have Office97, and backup exec client installed as well as Dr. Soloman's Antivirus.
I also have ssh client for windows and
WAR ftp daemon installed, but rarely running.
Thanks for porting a Windows flavour, I've used apache for linux for a while-- now we can
have a real web server for our NT and 95 boxes!