www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brant Pickard <br...@surfsouth.com>
Subject general/3211: HTTP_REFERER does not work
Date Wed, 14 Oct 1998 18:27:25 GMT

>Number:         3211
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       HTTP_REFERER does not work
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        1.3.3
>Environment:
uname -a : Linux webnautics.com 2.0.34 #1 Fri May 8 16:05:57 EDT 1998 i586 unknown

When I print out all of my ENV variables in a perl script, the HTTP_REFERER does not show
up
I have made this declration:
$my_url = "$ENV{'HTTP_REFERER'}";
REF: $my_url;

But the HTTP_REFERER still has yet to show.  I have linked to this script, but it will not
show the referer. I am using Netscape 4.06, so I know the browser is passing the info.
I really need help with this!!  I have programs that depend on this to work.
I DO have mod_env installed!!
<!--#echo VAR="HTTP_REFERER"--> -- This SSI code won't even work on the server!
I'm at a loss!
>How-To-Repeat:
http://www.webnautics.com/cgi-bin/refer.pl -- ENV print out....link to it and you
will see the REF: is blank!
http://cafe.webnautics.com/  --  this is where the SSI code is not working.
It is part of a counter I use to track Referers. View Source, and scroll ALL the
way to the bottom to see.
>Fix:
Please Call me 1-800-810-7270 OR 1-912-423-9390
and let me know what is going on.  I have posted to the UseNet and
NO ONE has ever had this problem

Thank You,
Brant