www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Eric Cook <eric.r.c...@tek.com>
Subject mod_proxy/3202: High system utilization with v1.3.3
Date Tue, 13 Oct 1998 22:59:40 GMT

>Number:         3202
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       High system utilization with v1.3.3
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I see high system utilization 30-90 percent with 3-20 percent user CPU.
System utilization increases with load.  This drives up load average and
increases response times on the server.  The proxy is intranet and handles
our WAN browsers.  No caching.  Hit rates are 3-15 per second.  v1.3b3 has much lower
system percentage.
>How-To-Repeat:
Generate 15 hits per second against a proxy-only, no caching configuration.
>Fix:
No, sorry.