www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From si...@pair.com
Subject Re: general/3190: httpd processes hang and never free up their slot, until MaxClients reached
Date Mon, 12 Oct 1998 15:17:26 GMT

Upon further investigation, we have found that the phenomenon of the last
two numbers in the Acc report being the same is only happening because the
MaxRequestsPerChild was set to 10240, but servers would hang sooner than
that.  Upon lowering it to 24, we've found that some processes do make it
past 24 and die normally.  Even after completely restarting the system,
the problem is the same.  The problem also remains if we "chmod 0" every
Web directory.  We're working now on removing portions of the virtual
domains to see if this helps isolate the problem.

Kevin Martin
sigma@pair.com