www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Gilles L. Chong Hok Yuen" <gl...@cc21.com.sg>
Subject Re: config/3175: Apache always points to ServerRoot/share/htdocs/
Date Mon, 12 Oct 1998 08:40:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/3175; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Gilles L. Chong Hok Yuen" <glchy@cc21.com.sg>
To: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: config/3175: Apache always points to ServerRoot/share/htdocs/
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 16:30:38 +0800

 Ok,
 i found out that somehow the httpd always looks in the /../apache_1.3.2/etc
 for the config files! If i put the *.conf in there, then the server starts up
 with the proper document root (specified in the
 /../apache_1.3.2/etc/srm.conf).
 Why httpd looks in ../apache_1.3.2/etc when i specify the ServerRoot in
 httpd.conf as /../apache_1.3.2/ is a mystery?! Also in my startserver command
 (see below), i indicate the httpd to point to another specific directory!
 I would like to know which httpd to use for Apache 1.3.2 (in the /sbin or
 /src subdirectory)?
 My startserver command line goes like:
 /../apache_1.3.2/src/httpd -f /../apache_1.3.2/conf/httpd.conf
 If i do not put my *.conf files in /../apache_1.3.2/etc and starts the
 /src/httpd, then the server does NOT start:
 "httpd: could not open document config file /opt/apache_1.3.2/etc/httpd.conf"

 And yes, for every change in the *.conf files, i stop n start the server.

 Puzzled G. (!)

 --
 Gilles Chong (glchy@cc21.com.sg, glchy@csah.com)
 Systems Engineer, Internet Division