www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Björn" Michael <b.mich...@gmx.de>
Subject os-windows/3183: httpd.pid overwritten at the next start
Date Sun, 11 Oct 1998 23:50:54 GMT

>Number:         3183
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       httpd.pid overwritten at the next start
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When you start the apache 1.3.3 for win32 in a dox box in win9x and you
close apache with ctrl-d . At the next start of apache he told me that
the httpd.pid was overwritten and the server wasn't clearly shut down.

The setting in httpd.conf doesn't also work
# PidFile: The file the server should log its pid to
# PidFile logs/httpd.pid
>How-To-Repeat:
start and stop server and once again in win9x
>Fix:
None