www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: os-windows/3145: Less buffering of the CGI scripts doesn't work (WINDOWS!)
Date Fri, 09 Oct 1998 17:40:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-windows/3145; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Pawel Jasinski <pawelj@cableshare.com>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: os-windows/3145: Less buffering of the CGI scripts doesn't
 work  (WINDOWS!)
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 10:27:44 -0700 (PDT)

 On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Pawel Jasinski wrote:

 > marc@apache.org wrote:
 >
 > > [In order for any reply to be added to the PR database, ]
 > > [you need to include <apbugs@Apache.Org> in the Cc line ]
 > > [and leave the subject line UNCHANGED.  This is not done]
 > > [automatically because of the potential for mail loops. ]
 > > [If you do not include this Cc, your reply may be ig-   ]
 > > [nored unless you are responding to an explicit request ]
 > > [from a developer.                                      ]
 > > [Reply only with text; DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS!         ]
 > >
 > > Synopsis: Less buffering of the CGI scripts doesn't work (WINDOWS!)
 > >
 > > State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
 > > State-Changed-By: marc
 > > State-Changed-When: Mon Oct  5 11:14:37 PDT 1998
 > > State-Changed-Why:
 > > As I said in response to your Usenet post, this is a known
 > > issue related to the fact that Win23 doesn't support various
 > > operations currently needed to do this in the same way that
 > > it is done on Unix.
 > >
 > > There is already another PR (1623) on this, and it will be
 > > tracked under that one.
 >
 > In your Usenet post you mention something what doesn't make sense to me
 > (non blocking writes, while all writes are non blocking). You mean no
 > buffering ?

 Of course all writes aren't nonblocking!

 A nonblocking write is where the write will return with a specific error
 if it would block instead of completing right away.

 There really isn't anything useful you can do by knowing that, since if
 you could fix the problem you would probably already know what a
 nonblocking write is...