www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Nigel Cole <ni...@sc98c.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: config/3169: The Include directive should also work in Directory context
Date Fri, 09 Oct 1998 17:20:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/3169; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Nigel Cole <nimba@sc98c.demon.co.uk>
To: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: config/3169: The Include directive should also work in Directory context
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 18:18:14 +0100

 In message <Pine.GSO.4.02A.9810090913440.25996-100000@redfish>, Marc
 Slemko <marcs@znep.com> writes
 >Well, that says it _IS_ allowing and processing the include, just not
 >allowing what is in it.
 >
 >What if you set "AllowOverride all" for the /web/include directory?

 I didn't have anything set for the /web/include directory, since it's
 part of my setup structure and not part of my document tree. But I tried
 creating a <Directory> entry for it as well, with "AllowOverride all",
 and got the same error.

 I then repeated the process with the Include line as:
         Include         groupfile.conf
 and groupfile.conf in the same directory as httpd.conf (I normally run
 with the 3 files combined into one: I've tried splitting them, and the
 error message doesn't change). Unexpectedly, Apache went looking for it
 in ServerRoot rather than with the rest of the config files in
 ServerRoot/etc. So I tried again with:
         Include         etc/groupfile.conf
 ...and I was back to the same error message.

 --
 Nigel Cole