www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Nigel Cole <ni...@sc98c.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: config/3169: The Include directive should also work in Directory context
Date Fri, 09 Oct 1998 16:20:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/3169; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Nigel Cole <nimba@sc98c.demon.co.uk>
To: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: config/3169: The Include directive should also work in Directory context
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 17:11:55 +0100

 In message <Pine.GSO.4.02A.9810090820290.25996-100000@redfish>, Marc
 Slemko <marcs@znep.com> writes
 >Why do you say it doesn't work in 1.3.2?
 >
 >Exactly what are you trying and what error do you get?

 I am trying to include some common authorisation information in several
 <Directory> sections. For example:

         <Directory /htdocs>
         Options         Indexes IncludesNOEXEC SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
         AllowOverride   None
         AuthName        Authorisation
         AuthType        Basic
         Include         /web/include/groupfile.conf
         </Directory>

 where /web/include/groupfile.conf contains the single line:
         AuthGroupFile   /web/setup/groups

 This produces the error message:
 "Syntax error on line 1 of /web/include/groupfile.conf: AuthGroupFile
 not allowed here"

 If I copy the contents of /web/include/groupfile.conf into the
 <Directory> section, and comment out the Include directive, it works
 fine.
 --
 Nigel Cole