www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Seth Barber <se...@cyberis.net>
Subject general/3165: DirectoryIndex, SetHandler and AddHandler don't work in <Directory> tags
Date Thu, 08 Oct 1998 18:57:58 GMT

>Number:         3165
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       DirectoryIndex, SetHandler and AddHandler don't work in <Directory>
tags
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        1.3.0
>Environment:
Linux bk 2.1.108 #2 SMP Thu Jul 2 13:12:08 PDT 1998 i586 unknown

Compiled with gcc version 2.7.2.3
We have a directory comprised mainly of cgi scripts that create dynamic web pages.  In Apache
v1.2.6 we set the SetHandler cgi-script .cgi in the <Directory> tag as well as set DirectoryIndex
index.cgi and have no problems running that.  However in Apache v.1.3.0 those commands did
not work on a <Directory> level (I even tried AddHandler) but they did work on a global
level.

What we got instead was the server generated direcory index instead of index.cgi and when
we clicked on the index.cgi we got the file itself rather than the resulting output if it
had been executed.
>How-To-Repeat:
Unfortunatly both our servers are production servers and I've had to "fix" the problem by
issuing the commands on a global level instead.